Skip to main content

Dubai!!

Wow, what a week I’ve had.
On Sunday the 28th of October, I left England for a holiday to Dubai.

My mother, God Mother, God sister – Maya and my aunty, all met at Heathrow Airport, we were due to fly from Heathrow with Emirates airline all the way to Dubai!
It was a seven-hour flight and Emirates are a fabulous airline. https://www.emirates.com

The food was great, the movies were great, the staff were very friendly and the female flight attendants wore a very interesting looking hat. My mom said it was one of the best flights she’s ever been on.

We finally landed in Dubai, once we cleared customers and collected our luggage we made our way outside and boy was it hot, yay! We got a taxi to our hotel, we were staying in the Rove Hotel Downtown. https://www.rovehotels.com/hotel/rove-downtown/


The hotel was really nice and modern. We settled in our rooms, unpacked some of our things and went across the road to explore the Dubai Mall.
The mall was huge, we had a quick look around, we discovered there was an ice skating rink and an aquarium and also access to the tallest building in the world – the Burj Khalifa.
The next day we went to the water park at the Atlantis Hotel, this was also huge. I now realise everything in Dubai is huge and amazing, it’s like no place I’ve ever visited before.
The water park was FANTASTIC! Maya and I set off on our own to explore the water park, whilst my mother and Godmother did a spot of sunbathing. After about three hours of water slide fun, we found our parents and had something to eat. We had chicken fried rice, it was delicious.

We left the water park and walked through the lobby of the Atlantis Hotel and yes you guessed it, it was HUGE! We found an ice cream shop – Stone Cold Creamery. I had an Oreo milkshake, it was AMAZING and DELICIOUS! https://www.coldstonecreamery.com/

On Tuesday we all went to La Mer Beach, the beach was lovely and clean and I spent most of my time in the sea, whilst the others were sunbathing.

On Wednesday my god sister and I went ice skating at Dubai Mall, it was fun. I’ve only been ice skating once before, so I started off a bit wobbly but soon got the hang of it, Maya was struggling a bit but this was her first time ice skating.


On Wednesday we all went to Global Village, the worlds leading, multi-cultural festival park. https://www.globalvillage.ae/en/ 
There are 90 different countries represented here.  I must say, I thought Africa was the best! The dancing and singing were fabulous, plus the grown-ups did a bit of shopping, buying lovely natural skin care products.


On Thursday evening, my mum and aunty went to the top of the Burj Khalifa, they took some great pictures!!
At The Top - Burj Khalifa


Later that evening my mum and I met my Uncle Warren. My uncle has been living in Dubai since 2017, he is a PE teacher. He took us to this posh restaurant at the Intercontinental Hotel.
I had a pizza and yes, it was delicious.

We then went to the Dubai Marina Mall, we had a stroll around the mall, then visited the Haagen Dazs ice cream shop. I had cookies and cream ice cream, my uncle had strawberry cheesecake flavoured ice cream and my mum had peanut butter and vanilla flavoured ice cream. It was time to say goodbye to my uncle, so he dropped us off at the Dubai Mall, which is close to our hotel.
Outside the mall, we were able to watch the dancing fountains. It was pretty impressive. Friday was our last day, we left the Rove Hotel at 11:30 and made our way to the airport.
Our flight was delayed for an hour whilst the air conditioning was being fixed, not as impressive as our flight here.
Once the plane took off we were given a menu, my mum was very impressed with the menu because we were going to be served afternoon tea.

Once we landed we grabbed our suitcases, said our goodbyes and left the airport, our minibus was waiting to take us back to our car.
I fell asleep straight away and slept all the way back to Birmingham. England felt so cold; I was so tired and went straight to bed.

See you soon

TJC

Comments

  1. Love your story, thanks for sharingbso much detail !!! Looks like you had an amazing time. So happy for you. 😊❤❤❤ dream big, laugh, work hard !!! 🙌🙏💕💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh this sounds amazing TJ, sounds like you had a fabulous time. Now you can see how hard work results in lovely holidays! Keep up the good work with your blog, I'm looking forward to reading all about what you get up to next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fabulous holiday, really enjoyed reading about it.
    #keepyourdreams big 😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Competition time!

On Sunday 26 of August, I went to the Dell stadium to compete in an athletic competition. My events were high jump and the 100m sprint. This was the first time I had done high jump in a competition, ever!  I managed to jump  1metre 20, not bad for a first attempt.  Moving on to the 100 m sprint, I have competed in many sprints, so I was looking forward to this event.  I got off to a good start but for some annoying reason I slowed down, so this wasn't my best race. My personal best in the 100 metres so far is 15.56 seconds, which I ran at Tipton on August 17th 2018. With determination and practice, I'm hoping to run 100 metres in 15 seconds within the next few months. Speak soon TJC

Quick update

Hey guys, just a quick note to let you know I have my braces on.  These are only temporary.  I'll be wearing them for about eight weeks before I get my actual brace fitted. What do you think?